The Process of a Motor Vehicle Claim

For those who have never been in a motor vehicle accident, there are several things that you can do to help speed the process along.  Although the unfortunate reality is that you are often at the mercy of either your insurance company or the other party’s company, understanding the process and what must take place will help temper your expectations, encourage as much cooperation as possible and potentially expedite the entire process.

Get Information at the Scene

It is easy to become stressed at the scene of the accident, especially if an injury has occurred or the damage is quite serious.  Regardless of who is at fault however, there are several pieces of information you should obtain.  The first and foremost thing you should do is contact the police to have them come to the accident scene and write a police report, no matter how minimal the damage.  If you can obtain the police report, get the other driver’s contact and insurance information, as well as any photos of the accident scene, it will greatly speed up the process.

Get an Estimate for the Damage

The next step is to get an estimate to figure out exactly how much the damage to your vehicle will cost to get fixed.  Regardless of whether you decide to pursue your claim through your own insurance carrier or the other party’s, each carrier will likely have a preferred shop that will expedite the claim.  Even if you want to go to your own shop, the insurance company will still need to review the damage write-up that they produce; this costs even more time.  You can always get the estimate from a preferred shop and bring the estimate to your own shop if desired.

Throughout the process, you never truly know how long it will take.  One party could be avoiding phone calls, thus delaying the investigation; the other insurance company could also be delaying due to internal processes.  Ultimately, if you have a clear-cut no liability decision, you should not have to wait an extensive period of time to receive what you are owed.  With Cash In Your Case, your claim can be reviewed, and with a police report sent in by your lawyer, we can offer $500 as cash for settlement.  Contact us today at (800) 526-8098!


Motor Vehicle Accidents and You

Let’s face it: getting in an accident is not an enjoyable experience.  Regardless of whether you are at fault or not, the process can be very time-consuming overall.  Consider the entire process that you have to go through: after the accident and assuming no one is critically injured, the police are generally called to come file a police report.  The insurance information is exchanged, and both parties usually end up filing a claim through their own insurance carrier; at a minimum it should be reported to both insurance companies.

The process is extended regardless of who you end up reporting the accident to.  Either insurance company has the duty of investigating the claim and all aspects of it before deciding liability, paying out on a claim and so forth.  For example, if you are rear-ended in a motor vehicle accident, there is a ninety-nine percent chance that either company would find the other party at fault.  However in order to get to that decision, they must first investigate both parties, conduct their own research, inspect the damage to the vehicles, provide estimates for the damage and so forth; however, this is just the physical damage side of the claim.  If you end up injured in the accident, a MED/PIP claim is then filed, and getting a payout for medical bills can also take a long time.

What can you do in the meantime? Is there no hope until everything is settled with the insurance companies or legal process? With Cash In Your Case, you can qualify for a $500 cash advance with a police report and a not at fault decision; this can be a huge help while waiting for the entire process to run its course. If your attorney can send us a copy of the police report, we can review and pending approval, send back the agreement and the $500 in the form of a check, prepaid debit card or cash right away.  Contact us for a lawsuit cash advance; call (800)526-8098.