The Process of a Motor Vehicle Claim

For those who have never been in a motor vehicle accident, there are several things that you can do to help speed the process along.  Although the unfortunate reality is that you are often at the mercy of either your insurance company or the other party’s company, understanding the process and what must take place will help temper your expectations, encourage as much cooperation as possible and potentially expedite the entire process.

Get Information at the Scene

It is easy to become stressed at the scene of the accident, especially if an injury has occurred or the damage is quite serious.  Regardless of who is at fault however, there are several pieces of information you should obtain.  The first and foremost thing you should do is contact the police to have them come to the accident scene and write a police report, no matter how minimal the damage.  If you can obtain the police report, get the other driver’s contact and insurance information, as well as any photos of the accident scene, it will greatly speed up the process.

Get an Estimate for the Damage

The next step is to get an estimate to figure out exactly how much the damage to your vehicle will cost to get fixed.  Regardless of whether you decide to pursue your claim through your own insurance carrier or the other party’s, each carrier will likely have a preferred shop that will expedite the claim.  Even if you want to go to your own shop, the insurance company will still need to review the damage write-up that they produce; this costs even more time.  You can always get the estimate from a preferred shop and bring the estimate to your own shop if desired.

Throughout the process, you never truly know how long it will take.  One party could be avoiding phone calls, thus delaying the investigation; the other insurance company could also be delaying due to internal processes.  Ultimately, if you have a clear-cut no liability decision, you should not have to wait an extensive period of time to receive what you are owed.  With Cash In Your Case, your claim can be reviewed, and with a police report sent in by your lawyer, we can offer $500 as cash for settlement.  Contact us today at (800) 526-8098!


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *